I hope you have allowed yourself some time to decompress over the last couple of weeks. Perhaps you completely unplugged or at least stepped away from your inbox for a bit to find time to recharge. It is Monday morning and the first official workday of the New Year, so let’s begin by exercising – your brain. The following brain teasers will not only start the process of getting your mind right, but if you pay close attention to the answers, you will be in a position to take on 2021 with passion!
1. Two frogs are floating on a lily pad. One decides to jump. How many frogs remain on the lily pad?
ANSWER: Two. Two frogs remain on the lily pad because “deciding” is just a thought. It’s a good place to start; however, it’s the action of actually jumping that is needed to leave the lily pad. As we begin a new year, what “decisions” about your future are you making? If you want them to become reality, you must act. Adopting the Four Cornerstones of Success® will help you get both your mind right and your actions right. Here’s the thing, it doesn’t have to be a monumental act to experience change. Shoot for just 1% better each day.
2. If you start with $100 at the beginning of the year and you were able to increase what you have by 1% every single day, at the end of the year, how much more would you have?
ANSWER: 37.78 times more! If you start with $100 and increase it by 1% every single day, at the end of one year, you will have $3,778.34 = $100 * (1 + 1%) ^ 365. How would a daily 1% improvement impact you personally and professionally? 1% more client touches. 1% more planning. 1% more loyal customers…
3. Karie spends 15 minutes planning every day. Kevin does not. He has his routine down and needs to be ready to put out the fires that always pop up daily. How much more productive time each week does Karie have than Kevin?
ANSWER: Up to 20 hours more productive each week. It’s been shown for every 15 minutes of planning, you can save up to 4 hours. That’s a huge ROI on your time. And planning can help you predict the future, for planning is predetermining future events. Our sales, account management and leadership trainings give you the tools and the processes to create 12-week client and prospect touch plans, prepare for productive, successful client sales meetings, protect and expand your share in every account, and get the highest ROI on your time. Which would you prefer? Investing in your productivity or putting out fires.
4. Johnny’s quota went up 10% over last year. The company averages 88% retention. If Johnny’s retention rate is average, how much more (%) will he need to sell to hit quota?
ANSWER: 25%. If Johnny is to achieve a 10% increase in revenue and has the same retention rate as the company average, he is starting at 88% and needs a 25% increase to hit quota. 110% divided by 88% = 125%. Companies who understand this realize they need to invest in account management training and tools to achieve profitable growth. We can help you identify vulnerabilities, understand client risk, and take action to combat client defection and increase client loyalty. Clients are the lifeblood of your company. What’s your plan to strengthen those relationships?
5. You always find me in the past, I can be created in the present, but the future can never taint me. What am I?
ANSWER: History. 2020 is history. Thankfully. 2021 is here and it’s time to create new history. What you do today will be a part of your 2021 history. No change = no change.
We know it’s tough out there. We also know there are opportunities everywhere. We can help you find them and win. Butler Street’s consulting, training and research solutions are designed to help you grow and achieve success in 2021. Contact us if you're ready to crush the New Year.